2022 Holiday Gift GuidePosted by Nick Urso on
2022 flew by! We are incredibly grateful to have had such a successful year for our small business, and we have all of our amazing customers and supporters to thank for that! New product releases, our first display at Harley Davidson, the launch of our Amazon storefront, an awesome custom motorcycle giveaway, countless social media partnerships and even the debut of the NBT Clothing blog — it has been an exciting year, and we are looking forward to seeing what 2023 has in store for us.
Although Black Friday and Cyber Monday are over, that does not mean the holiday shopping should come to an end! There is still plenty of time left to shop for all of your loved ones — and let’s be real, these holiday sales typically will continue throughout the month.
But…motorcyclist enthusiasts, this blog is not meant for you. Send this link over to your significant other, your kids, your parents and grandparents, your friends and your family — anyone who might be on the hunt for the perfect gift for you this season — and tell ‘em that this is the place to find their gift inspiration!
The NBT Clothing team is sharing the best gift ideas for motorcycle riders, whether they are new to the sport or have been riding for years.
Our number one recommendation is and always will be the line of motorcycle shirts and pants, which have all been designed with style, safety and affordability in mind. The new Body Guard Pullover Hoodie, Aramid Edition Free Ridin’ Flannel, Defender Vest, Fundamental Shop Shirt, and new Aramid Edition License to Ride Pant should all be at the top of the list for the motorcycle riders in your life.
But that’s not all…there are a lot of other moto adjacent products that are just as great and will help to spice up any ride.
Let’s start off with the most essential tools that every motorcycle rider should have either on the bike for on-the-fly repairs, or in the shop or garage. Having the right tools on hand is crucial for safety, and can actually help save money in the long run. There is no need to shell out cash for basic repairs or general maintenance if riders can do it on their own.
All that is needed are the right tools and an owner’s manual with guidance and instruction to get the job done and keep the bike in great condition. Tools can make a great gift for motorcycle riders. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Tool Kit: Every rider needs a standard tool kit. Some are universal and can be used for most bikes, while others are vehicle specific. Make sure to check the details before purchasing to ensure the one you get is compatible. This CruzTools RTH3 Roadtech Harley Davidson Tool Kit is a good place to start.
- Tire pressure gauge: Just like with any car, tire pressure should always be at its optimum before heading out on the road, especially if there will be highway riding. Quality is key for this — it must be reliable! Check out this digital tire pressure gauge from Harley Davidson.
- Oil filter wrench: To change an oil filter, a wrench is needed to take off the old one. This HORUDSY 5-piece standard oil filter swivel wrench set comes with everything needed for the job.
Many members of the motorcycle community have that urge to ride in style. The first step? Dress for fashion, function and protection with NBT Clothing. The second step is to have the best of the best in motorcycle accessories that not only keep up with the trends, but also serve a practical purpose during every road experience.
- Helmet with Bluetooth compatibility: While riding in silence can sometimes be comforting, so is throwing on some upbeat tunes or an exciting podcast to listen to during a ride. Being able to connect a Bluetooth speaker directly to your helmet makes this so easy! NBT Founder, Nick, loves the ScorpionExo EXO-HX1 which comes with BlueTooth®-friendly speaker pockets.
- GoPro: Riders can attach one of these portable cameras to their helmet or the front of their bike to capture all of the action on the road firsthand. For motorcyclists who love to create video content, this is a must! These can also be super helpful in the case of an accident because the cause and whose at fault could be caught on film.
- Riding belt: Sounds simple and looks like a regular belt, right? Wrong. This belt can reduce the risk of wind rash on the back — and can keep out environmental debris — during a fast ride where a shirt or jacket can start to ride up in the back. One of the newest NBT Clothing products to hit the market, this belt keeps your pants in place without worry.
Motorcyclists are just as enthusiastic about their ride as car fanatics or boat lovers, and there are so many gadgets out there to surprise them with during the holidays. Here are few more motorcycle gift ideas:
- Keychain with a flashlight: Sure, there are bike lights on during nighttime rides, but riders should still always carry a flashlight just in case something happens and they need to get off their bike. The Nitecore rechargeable keychain flashlight is a top choice.
- Cell phone mount device: This is a motorcycle attachment that can really come in handy, especially for things like GPS directions or in the case of an emergency and there is not enough time to get your phone out of a zipped pocket. Here’s a Moto Mount Kit that works from Quadlock that works for all versions of iPhone devices.
- Riding boots: Specially equipped boots are a must for riding a motorcycle — but they can just be any kind of rugged looking boot; they need to be durable enough to withstand the harshest of environments and potential accidents to keep feet, ankles and toes safe and protected. Nick prefers BRUNT Workwear high-quality boots, which have a safety toe, are waterproof and/or slip and oil resistant, and have been rated for electrical hazards.
Additional ideas include motorcycle backpacks or saddlebags that hang off the side, anti-theft alarm locks for the bike, heated gloves for those who ride often in colder climates, cup holders that attach to the handlebars, and even though it may be cheesy…kitschy motorcycle collectables are always a fun idea. Think coffee cups, tumblers, beer mugs, shot glasses, keychains, cell phone cases, graphic tees with motorcycle-themed sayings, classic motorcycle films and books, motorcycle shaped cufflinks, and other fun items that are sure to put a smile on those motorcycle loving faces.
If you really want to spoil the motorcycle rider in your life, give them something to remember their bike by. Look for artists that will commission paintings, drawings, sketches or cool graphic images of people with their bikes, or photographers who can do an entire photo shoot of a rider and their bike. This not only creates a memorable experience, but also a long lasting piece of memorabilia that a rider will have forever.
Creating long lasting memories is what we are all about. From the NBT Clothing fam, we wish you all a wonderful holiday season!
- Tags: aramid aramid fiber CE Approved CE Certification License to Ride Pant motorcycle apparel motorcycle pants nbt clothing